[ 5 ]
22% 22% 
[ 2 ]
22% 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

SBE-mail's Best Era

Post by It on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:35 pm

What do you think Sbemail's best era was? Me, I think it was Late Lappy and the Early Compés (aka, all the Compés). Those emails were just great. (Maybe I like new Paper too much). OK, so until next time: , , and are all you need to make it look like you're sane.
It

Character sheet
Name: DJmankiewicz_email.exe

https://www.youtube.com/user/theultimatedonut

Back to top Go down

Re: SBE-mail's Best Era

Post by Kinda Long Hair on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:08 pm

I like late compy / early lappy I mean:

Radio
Animal
Dabgeresque 3
Colonization
Armies

Kinda Long Hair
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Character sheet
Name: Level three warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Achenar on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Late Compy/Early Lappy as well
Achenar

http://strongbadiathefree.forumotion.com/profile.forum?mode=view

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:10 pm

I gotta say Late Lappy/Early Compé. Despite what most people think I love most of the new paper emails. Web comics, specially marked and love poems are all great.
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet
Name: :emaN

Back to top Go down

Post by Strong Vader on Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:43 pm

I'd say Mid-Compy. But still, I likes them all!

Oh yeah. I'm still Strong Vader. Sort of.
It's full of stars.
Strong Vader
Il Diggaditchie
Il Diggaditchie

Character sheet
Name: The GM, you fool!

http://strongbadiathefree.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DELETED! on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:45 pm

I guess late Compy to early Lappy, because that's when the show had the best consistancy average. Just about every new episode was a classic. You can't keep getting 100%s on all your tests.
DELETED!

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays on Sun May 30, 2010 5:20 am

Mid Compy embodies what I like most about HR. It's just simple and easy, unlike the lossyrape exhibition style Lappy emails, but more in depth than the Tandy Emails. This was HR at its best in my opinion.
The sbemails made the site for me pretty much. I guess some of the other stuff was okay, the blatant, (and rampant,) GI Joe parodies in Cheat Commandos was always a giggle clincher, but nothing ever had footing over the sbemails.
Strong Bad is easily the most well developed and multifaceted character, I less-than-expertly deduce. He has more personality quirks than the other characters, he has probably the most screen time, therefore the most development room. And overall he is just a great character. The other characters are okay, but really Strong Bad is one of the best fictional characters ever. The rest of the HR Cast epitomize the site as well, but Strong Bad just is Homestar Runner.com to me. Ironically.
Actually though, back in the Tandy era, when he just, you know, answered emails without going off on a miniature adventure, those have appeal to me. I wish there had been more of those. I even sort of miss the terrible Mexican accent. The guy is just amazing. He's a jerk and you love him for it. Any person who pulls that off is made in Spain in my book. These newest emails (late lappy early compe) are a bit stretch of the old armstrong I feel. Like, to me, not really advancing the humor as much as mid compy and up to early lappy. I didn't even smile at "videography" but If I go back and watch "the process" it's still AT LEAST smile cracking.
Some of the lappy emails are definitely neo-classic and everything, and are undoubtedly funny, but I feel like didn't really contend with quaint, slice of life, previous entries in the series. It's like, the Chaps know what they're doing, and I know they know what they're doing, and everyone knows they know what they're doing. But what they're doing doesn't hold appeal to me. And what they're doing is expanding. I know that it is actually less of an expansion than say, mid 2005, but its still an expansion. And its expanding isn't really bringing me back. Not to mention their expansion was cut a little short by thiseer High Ate Us, but it was a strange little expansion that was a bit alienating to me. Just the vibes it was giving off were a bit different, and I didn't like them better or the same.
In my mind, the best emails are the ones with an:
A. Really stupid question or badly presented question not pertaining to boxing gloves
B. Simple Q & A question.
With Choice "A," Strong Bad finds away to mock them, and usually cleverly. Examples "trevor the vampire" and "little questions"
With Choice "B," Strong Bad Answers in a WAAaaCKY WaYYY to answer it. Examples being "morning routine," "the process" and "funny." (As an aside, funny was ironically one of the more coherent emails, because modern random is always predictable and Homestar's comment kind of shines light on this.)
In conclusion to this monumental presentation titanic of mumbling incoherency and bad essay-ish writing, (ironically I have been congratulated before on essay skillz,) I will say that HR has, in my opinion, become a completely different beast and I'm loosely going to follow it if and when it returns.
(Also Ironically, (intentionally?) I feel like an edge was taken off after "your edge.")
this is completely unedited done at 1:55 in the morning and i did it 50 percent for the irony a lot of it is purposely pretentious bullsht
This is why I voted for late lappy early compe.
These are my saturdays

Character sheet
Name: Just another play for today

http://www.Cool.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka on Sun May 30, 2010 7:46 am

And you complain about MY text walls.
My favorites are prolly the Mid-Lappy E-mails. First of all, it includes my absolute FAVORITE E-mail ever: narrator. In which Strong Bad "narrates people's pathetic, everyday lives like their movie trailers," which I still do TO THIS VERY DAY. But I also like pretty much all of the others, including my second-favorite: montage. This era was what I really liked about Homestar Runner.

strong badathlon is a perfect example of what I'm-a talkin' about. It makes fun of the Olympics, that is obvious. I really like when they make fun of things, having Strong Bad put his own twist on them (like in theme song.) But it's also a long time away from the computer, what Diskette calls a "miniature adventure." I like those. I can hardly stand the boredom of the Tandy E-mails, where he just...y'know...sits there. Also, strong badathlon shows us some interesting new things about the characters: like how Homestar is apparently really good at beating himself up, or that Strong Bad is not particularly strong, or whatever.

So...I doubt that made sense to anyone. Except me. And I think that was awesome. So...yeah.

Evil Admin

Location : Brainblow City. If I leave, I could be shot on sight!

Character sheet
Name: The Doomguy

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays on Sun May 30, 2010 3:06 pm

It made sense and perfectly contrasted my argument.
Bravo.
These are my saturdays

Character sheet
Name: Just another play for today

http://www.Cool.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fissure on Mon May 31, 2010 8:51 am

If I could vote for 'Everything after email 93' I would.
I voted for Late Compy to Early Lappy because, well, those are the best!
A. Strong Bad has mostly miniature adventures there, and if he doesn't it's still pretty funny.
2. The *ahem* newer emails are just a little bit insane.
Sam Fissure
Failmonger
Failmonger

Character sheet
Name: Espe Pwnage

http://espemon333.angelfire.com/blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down