Strong Badia the Free
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pesach ("Passover") Disscusion

4 posters

Go down

Pesach ("Passover") Disscusion Empty Pesach ("Passover") Disscusion

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:42 am

There's a Jewish holiday coming up called Pesach (sometimes called "Passover".) During it, the parents traditionally hide a piece of Matzah (unleavened bread) somewhere, and if the kids find it, they get to hold it for ransom. You have to have the piece of Matzah (called The Afikomen) for Pesach, you see, so the kids are allowed to ask for things and the parents have to give it to them. Guess what I'm asking for... (Sam and Max Season 1, for those of you who are complete idiots Clover Star Dropper.)

Last edited by Uzi-Bazooka on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Location : Brainblow City. If I leave, I could be shot on sight!

Character sheet
Name: The Doomguy

Back to top Go down

Pesach ("Passover") Disscusion Empty Re: Pesach ("Passover") Disscusion

Post by Sam Fissure Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Sounds like an awesome holiday! I could try holding my mom's dinner for ransom, but I'm not willing to risk my life for Sam and Max,
Sam Fissure
Sam Fissure
Failmonger
Failmonger

Character sheet
Name: Espe Pwnage

http://espemon333.angelfire.com/blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:45 am

Well, Pesach isn't all fun and games. That's like, the smallest possible part of it. It's an eight day holiday (the Afikomen thing is only on one day), and we're not allowed to eat bread for that whole time. We also can't eat donuts, pretzels, cake, or anything with yeast or flour or any stuff like that. Instead, we get to eat Matzah, the driest, least flavorful cracker-type things you can imagine. You see, the holiday celebrates the story of Exodus, when the Jews were freed from slavery in Egypt. But any more questions really should go through the R&P Section.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinda Long Hair Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:Well, Pesach isn't all fun and games. That's like, the smallest possible part of it. It's an eight day holiday (the Afikomen thing is only on one day), and we're not allowed to eat bread for that whole time. We also can't eat donuts, pretzels, cake, or anything with yeast or flour or any stuff like that. Instead, we get to eat Matzah, the driest, least flavorful cracker-type things you can imagine. You see, the holiday celebrates the story of Exodus, when the Jews were freed from slavery in Egypt. But any more questions really should go through the R&P Section.

Whats the difference 'tween that and the Pasover? None? Than why come you call it Pesach (Hebrew, maybe?)
Oh also, why don't you improvise with the Matzah! When life thorws Matzah at you, you make a tall, cool glass of Matzahade!

Edit 'gain, dis been moved to RP
Kinda Long Hair
Kinda Long Hair
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Character sheet
Name: Level three warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Strong Vader Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Is that Hebrew or Yiddish? How much of the original stuff do you use, like the roast lamb and brushing lambs' blood on the doorposts with hyssop?
Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Il Diggaditchie
Il Diggaditchie

Character sheet
Name: The GM, you fool!

https://strongbadiathefree.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fissure Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:Well, Pesach isn't all fun and games. That's like, the smallest possible part of it. It's an eight day holiday (the Afikomen thing is only on one day), and we're not allowed to eat bread for that whole time. We also can't eat donuts, pretzels, cake, or anything with yeast or flour or any stuff like that. Instead, we get to eat Matzah, the driest, least flavorful cracker-type things you can imagine. You see, the holiday celebrates the story of Exodus, when the Jews were freed from slavery in Egypt. But any more questions really should go through the R&P Section.
Curse Pharaoh and his not-giving-them-more-than-5-minutes-to-leave-Egypt! And then he goes and freaking changes his mind! What is wrong with this guy!
Sam Fissure
Sam Fissure
Failmonger
Failmonger

Character sheet
Name: Espe Pwnage

http://espemon333.angelfire.com/blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:06 am

Okay, I'll start with That one guy's question: "Isn't that the same as Passover?"
I already told you in the first post wrote:There's a Jewish holiday coming up called Pesach (sometimes called "Passover".)
Pesach is the Hebrew, and therefore the proper name.
And you'd be surprised how hard it is to improvise with Matzah. There's Matzah brei, which is like Matzah scrambled eggs, but otherwise it's mostly a matter of finding different spreads to put on it.

Next, Strong Vader: "How much of the original stuff do you use, like the roast lamb and brushing lambs' blood on the doorposts with hyssop?"
Well, we don't spread lambs' blood on the doors. We do eat roast lamb, though. And any of the lamb that you are supposed to eat all of it before the night ends.
And while we may not do many of the things from the original Pesach, there's a lot of symbolism. We drink four cups of wine (the under-21-year-olds drink grape juice), and that's supposed to represent the blood on the doors. What "original stuff" were you thinking of, specifically?

Last edited by Uzi-Bazooka on Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinda Long Hair Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:53 am

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:Okay, I'll start with Mr. Diskette's question: "Isn't that the same as Passover?"
I already told you in the first post wrote:There's a Jewish holiday coming up called Pesach (sometimes called "Passover".)
Pesach is the Hebrew, and therefore the proper name.
And you'd be surprised how hard it is to improvise with Matzah. There's Matzah brei, which is like Matzah scrambled eggs, but otherwise it's mostly a matter of finding different spreads to put on it.

When did I become Mr. Diskette?
Kinda Long Hair
Kinda Long Hair
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Character sheet
Name: Level three warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Sorry, I wrote this in the early morning. I'll change it.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down