Strong Badia the Free
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labor Daybor: Awards of Style

+3
Sam Fissure
These are my saturdays
Uzi-Bazooka
7 posters

Go down

Labor Daybor: Awards of Style Empty Labor Daybor: Awards of Style

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:02 am

The Labor Day Awards of Style is a new thing for this year. Basically, we want to honor all of the various accomplishments of the users for our first year of existence. And, against our better judgment, we're letting YOU vote!
Please send your votes in a PM to me. You don't have to vote for them all, but if a certain category gets no nominations, then I get to pick. Just think about that...
Anyway, here are all of the awards:

User Awards: (Only users can be nominated, one user can be nominated for more than one. Yes, you can vote for yourself)

-Funniest User
-Coolest User
-Smartest User
-Most Insane User
-Creepiest User
-“Most Likely to Tape A Dead Ferret to their Face While Singing Hare Krishna and Dancing on the Grave of Boss Tweed.”
-Worst User

Topics Awards: (Only topics can be nominated, one topic can be nominated for more than one.)

-Best Topic
-Worst Topic
-Least-Used Topic
-What the Pfargtopic?
-Funniest Topic

Miscellaneous:

Best Quote (Nominate a quote from someone)
Most Mind-Numbingly Stupid Thing (A topic? A user? A prank? A flame war? The FAQ? Anything goes here)
Most Random bit of Time-Wasting Nonsense (Same buisness.)
Best Trolling (Choose from Jigsaw, Jigglypuff {what's with all the "Jig"s?} or Switch)

Last edited by Uzi-Bazooka on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Location : Brainblow City. If I leave, I could be shot on sight!

Character sheet
Name: The Doomguy

Back to top Go down

Labor Daybor: Awards of Style Empty Re: Labor Daybor: Awards of Style

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:38 am

Oh, banned users can be voted for, by the way. Dov, Pizzaburger Wagon bot, Jigsaw...these are all eligible candidates.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:01 pm

I instantly nominate my self for best trolling.

resume: Ghostbusters 1 and 2, carcinoGeneticist, Jigsaw, Rap battle with myself as Bhtup, When Clover was still a legit user here I must have trolled her maybe 5 times on the old chatbox 2, Kevin Flynn was me all along, Rusty Shackleford, derailing Gordon's lego game topic, derailing MMM's coming soon topic. Yeah.
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet
Name: Just another play for today

http://www.Cool.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Okay, fair enough, but could you vote for everything else too in a PM? So far, only MMM has voted, and he forgot half of the things.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fissure Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:26 pm

I'm workin on it!!!!
Sam Fissure
Sam Fissure
Failmonger
Failmonger

Character sheet
Name: Espe Pwnage

http://espemon333.angelfire.com/blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Hey all. Uzi here. Those of you (Strong Vader, Disk, Sbemial Checker) who haven't voted still can.
But I need even those of you who HAVE voted (and those of you who haven't) to take part in a special vote: The Best Quote.
So far, three quotes have been nominated. There is an exact tie, so I need you guys to choose one. AT THIS POINT IT IS TOO LATE TO CHOOSE A DIFFERENT QUOTE. KEEP CRYING, PUNK!
Here are the quotes, please PM me with the number of the quote you want to vote for so that the tie can be broken. Thanks!

QUOTE NUMBER ONE!
(Quoted by Uzi-Bazooka)

“Absolutely! Never miss a chance to make fun of someone! Even if it is a girl. ESPECIALLY if it's a girl you like. What better way to test if she really likes you than to sentence her to a life of ridicule, right? 'Cause if she really likes you, she won't care! Right? Right? -Bad Relationship Advice from the Evil Admin

QUOTE NUMBER TWO!
(Quoted by Disk)

“One [1] alien cost me five [5] health, twelve [12] armor, and 23 bullets. ONE ALIEN. God I hope that was the only alien.”

QUOTE NUMBER THREE!
(Also quoted by Uzi-Bazooka)

"I'm totally taking down that logo! Oh, and the demon, too. Didn't see him there.”
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Strong Vader Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Mind adding a last-minute category?

Coolest avatar, past or present. Or maybe split that up: Coolest Avatar, and Coolest Avatar Ever.
Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Il Diggaditchie
Il Diggaditchie

Character sheet
Name: The GM, you fool!

https://strongbadiathefree.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:35 am

Yes, I mind. No, it's not happening.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:37 am

Well, folks, the hour you’ve been waiting for has finally arrived! It’s time for the winners of...
THE LABOR DAYBOR 2010 AWARDS OF STYLE!
Let’s get this over-used train wreck metaphor a-rolling!

USER AWARDS:

Coolest User: Strong Vader Strong Vader is far and away the coolest user here. After all, he came up with the idea to make this forum in the first place! He also figured out how! So, without him, NOTHING ELSE AWESOME ON THE FORUM WOULD HAVE EVER HAPPENED. Also, his avatar has aviators. With lens flare. LENS FLARE, MAN!
Funniest User: Uzi-Bazooka You like me! You really really like me! I’m told it’s my LET’S PLAY that won it for me, but I like to think that maybe some other things I’ve done in the past helped. It’s nice to have dreams in life, isn’t it?
Smartest User: Sam Fissure Despite the fact that his name sounds like one of those dumb educational videos (didn’t you ever have to watch “Sam Fissure and the Temple of Educational Land Masses” when you were a kid?), Sam is undeniably smart. He’s been cited as the voice of reason more times than I can count on one finger, and he knows his pre-Civil War history well. Nerd!
Most Insane User: Disk Winning this vote unanimously, Disk is hands down the bulgiest bump on the bone. Whatever the heck that means.
Creepiest User: Jigsaw Strong Bad has his Horrible Painting, we have our Jigsaw. JigsawS, even. And he’s like a virus, too, spreading from forum to forum. But he did completely take down Lair of the Martial, so maybe we owe him something. Maybe we should play....A GAME!
“Most Likely to Tape A Dead Ferret to their Face While Singing Hare Krishna and Dancing on the Grave of Boss Tweed”: Disk The art of taping a dead ferret to one’s face whilst singing Hare Krishna and dancing on the grave of Boss Tweed has been around for centuries. Known in as “Plotoxing” for no apparent reason, it is well known that Mr. Reginald B. Diskette has won several awards in this category, and is currently trying to get it into the Olympic Games. His stage name is Flurgenluge.
Worst User: Welcome Wagon Bet you didn’t see this one coming! The selfless Welcome Wagon has never actually contributed to the forum, instead choosing to welcome new users with generated PMs leading to outdated links. For many, this only furthered the confusion. Also, if it hadn’t been for Welcome Wagon, we would never have had Pizzaburger Bot, Rhyme Bot, or any of the various and sundry DiskBots. Think about it.

TOPIC AWARDS:

Best Topic: Esoteric Chat You know the one we’re talking about. Despite having gone by tons of different names, and even having been robotically split in half, Esoteric Chat still has a warm feeling for many users. More than three, as a matter of fact! It has looked on its kingdom; it’s finally there. It can sit on its throne as the prince of Forum Air.
Worst Topic: The Sad Misguided Marketing Abomination of Little Shop of Horrors One of the few topics made by short-time user DELETED!, it was basically him ranting about how terrible the Little Shop of Horrors movie was compared to the play. Backed with articles and evidence, he made a convincing point...for something nobody cared about. After a few comments from people like Sam about “Oh, yeah, I think I saw that movie once...”, I ambushed it and used it for my own selfish uses. Muahaha.
Least-Used Topic: Any Movie Night Topic This is the winner with an overwhelming number of votes. Movie Night was MMM’s little brainchild, and it consists of posting a video in Youtube parts. The bad videos went completely ignored, and the good videos deserved better than to be seen in crappy Youtube selections. I was technically put in charge of this when I became an Admin, but I completely ignored it...just like everyone else.
What the Pfargtopic: Hatssss haha Made by a Diskbot. It’s probably about hats. It uses Gollum-like spelling. In my opinion, it ought to be kept down with rusty shackles, fished out of a ford.
Funniest Topic: Doom II Act II (Type “======>” I am going to make a joke.) In a world consumed by Hellish beings, one lone man has been sent out against the hordes of evil. He has to save the few survivors, who thought it would be a great idea to send the only bad@$$ with a gun as far away from them as possible. There’s only one problem: this man is a Marine only PART-TIME. His main job? Interior decorating. Armed with Sean the drunk Irish shotgun, Pappy the winy Mexican Pistolero, and Palpatine the nerdy Plasma gun, he sets out into the murky depths of Hell...and re-paints it.

Miscellaneous Awards:

Best Quote: ”Never miss a chance to make fun of someone! Even if it is a girl. ESPECIALLY if it's a girl you like. What better way to test if she really likes you than to sentence her to a life of ridicule, right? 'Cause if she really likes you, she won't care! Right? Right? -Bad Relationship Advice from the Evil Admin” (Spoken by me, Uzi-Bazooka.)
Most Mind-Numbingly Stupid Thing: Switch We all know about her, and I don’t want to go into this on a day of celebration. The poor girl. The poor, evil, sick, twisted, she-beast of a girl.
Most Random bit of Time-Wasting Nonsense: S&M Let’s Play The Wheelchair whined about me getting my own LET’S PLAY, so Disk suggested he make his own. I thought it would be terrible. So did Wheels, and his plan was to go for one update and then stop. Yet it still has a cult following...Strong Vader loves it. Hmm. Maybe we should take away his Coolest User Award.
(Here's a little piece of irony for you folks: I got the name for this award from a Sam & Max comic.)

Best Trolling: Disk Most people, it should be said, voted for Jigsaw. But since Disk was controlling him the whole time, he wins. And how do we know his trolling is the most successful? Well, he’s made innumerable bots, swore on many occasions, created Trollings most people don’t even know about (Ghostbusters I and II), and ended up destroying Switch’s completely different forum...twice. And yet, despite all this, he is seen as a pillar of the community. Wait, what?

Yikes. That was long. Next time, I’m just gonna stick with my standard Uzi’s Caption Contest-style grading sheet.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:03 pm

Uzi-Fallon wrote:Most Random bit of Time-Wasting Nonsense: S&M Let’s Play The Wheelchair whined about me getting my own LET’S PLAY, so Disk suggested he make his own. I thought it would be terrible. So did Wheels, and his plan was to go for one update and then stop. Yet it still has a cult following...Strong Vader loves it. Hmm. Maybe we should take away his Coolest User Award.
(Here's a little piece of irony for you folks: I got the name for this award from a Sam & Max comic.)
I'm honored that my never-intended-to-be-very-good Let's Play won an award. Though the fact that it got more awards than me kinda saddening.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet
Name: :emaN

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:20 pm

More irony: Sam & Max is also described as having a "cult following."
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Strong Vader Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:08 pm

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. THE MOVIE NIGHT WAS OBVIOUSLY STARTED BY STRONG VADER.

BESIDES, SOME OF THOSE STABBINGS WERE ACCIDENTAL!

Yeah, it was. It was actually an elaborate ploy to get people to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Strong Vader
Strong Vader
Il Diggaditchie
Il Diggaditchie

Character sheet
Name: The GM, you fool!

https://strongbadiathefree.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:21 pm

wwhat if you did wwhat if you didn't wwhat if the wworld wwas made of puddin?
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:32 pm

4LL 1M S4Y1NG 1S CONS1D3R SOM3TH1NG B3S1D3S YOUR TH1RST FOR BLOOD
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet
Name: Just another play for today

http://www.Cool.com

Back to top Go down

Post by arachnidsGrip Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:36 pm

Yeah! Wh8t if the spider said the s8me thing "daddy daddy kill that fish!"
arachnidsGrip
arachnidsGrip

Character sheet
Name: Marquise Spinneret Mindfang!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:57 am

oh god you're still here michael?
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelXX2 Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Yep. I'm still here.
MichaelXX2
MichaelXX2
Failmonger
Failmonger

Character sheet
Name: Wouldn't you like to know.