Strong Badia the Free
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arrow'd Emails #1: methods

5 posters

Go down

POLL'd!

Arrow'd Emails #1: methods Vote_lcap20%Arrow'd Emails #1: methods Vote_rcap2 0% 
[ 0 ]
Arrow'd Emails #1: methods Vote_lcap217%Arrow'd Emails #1: methods Vote_rcap2 17% 
[ 1 ]
Arrow'd Emails #1: methods Vote_lcap20%Arrow'd Emails #1: methods Vote_rcap2 0% 
[ 0 ]
Arrow'd Emails #1: methods Vote_lcap250%Arrow'd Emails #1: methods Vote_rcap2 50% 
[ 3 ]
Arrow'd Emails #1: methods Vote_lcap233%Arrow'd Emails #1: methods Vote_rcap2 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Arrow'd Emails #1: methods Empty Arrow'd Emails #1: methods

Post by Kinda Long Hair Sun May 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Methods!

My first attempt at an OCEmail. I think it turned out pretty good. Especially the disgusting little chit chat between the PoPo and What's Her Face. I really wish I coulda done something better for So and So, though.

I would give it a 4/5
Kinda Long Hair
Kinda Long Hair
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Character sheet
Name: Level three warlock

Back to top Go down

Arrow'd Emails #1: methods Empty Re: Arrow'd Emails #1: methods

Post by The Wheelchair Sun May 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Errrrrrr..... I don't know how to say this politely MMM, but.. it kinda sucked.

First off: Justin Bieber. Seriously, Triple M? Someone like Peacey P, or Limozeen, or even Sloshy for gosh sakes would have made this better. Including a real-life person as a character just ruins all chance of this seeming legit.

Second off: Arrow'd Guy... really isn't the type of character that should have an email show. The whole joke behind the character is that he shows up, kills someone, and is gone. Just completely random and out of the blue. By dedicating a whole email show to him you're killing the point of the character.

It was kinda funny when the cops just jumped to the completely random and irrational conclusion that WHF was selling drugs, but that was about it. 1.5/5 Sorry, man.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet
Name: :emaN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 11:06 pm

The Wheelchair wrote:Including a real-life person as a character just ruins all chance of this seeming legit.
THAT WIKI ABOUT THE SOURCE MATERIAL wrote:
HOMESTAR RUNNER: Yep, I'm cool.

STRONG BAD: And if you're not cool, you have to change your name to... Kevin DuBrow. But if you are cool, I gotta spend the night over at The King of Town's?

HOMESTAR RUNNER: That's the deal, man. The total deal.

STRONG BAD: You're goin' down, son.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Mon May 03, 2010 9:12 am

carcinoGeneticist wrote:
The Wheelchair wrote:Including a real-life person as a character just ruins all chance of this seeming legit.
THAT WIKI ABOUT THE SOURCE MATERIAL wrote:
HOMESTAR RUNNER: Yep, I'm cool.

STRONG BAD: And if you're not cool, you have to change your name to... Kevin DuBrow. But if you are cool, I gotta spend the night over at The King of Town's?

HOMESTAR RUNNER: That's the deal, man. The total deal.

STRONG BAD: You're goin' down, son.
Yeah, but does Kevin Dubrow show up and start singing afterward? A mention is fine, but having the guy show up and start interacting with the characters just ruins it.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet
Name: :emaN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 11:59 pm

EXPLAIN THE SERENDIPITOUS APPEARANCE OF STRONG BAD IN THE FIRST TEEN GIRL SQUAD. SINCE IT IS STRONG BAD WRITING IT, IT COUNTS AS A REAL CHARACTER ENTERING AN UNREAL WORLD. ALTHOUGH IT IS AN UNREAL CHARACTER ENTERING A UNREAL STORY IN THE UNREAL STORY. BUT I'D SAY THAT'S ABOUT THE SAME AS SOMEONE ENTERING AN UNREAL STORY WHEN THEY ARE REAL.
ALSO, DOES THE PUPPET STUFF NOT COUNT OR SOMETHING?
ALSO, I'M PLAYING AN EXTREME DEVIL'S ADVOCATE HERE.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Tue May 04, 2010 8:03 am

Shut up! You were killed by the Guardian Bot!

Anyways, I'm going to use the kind of cruel honesty I used to only use as Pizzaburger Wagon. However, he's gone noble, so I'll have to do the dirty deed myself.

There's a fine line between being hilariously funny and being completely and utterly random. Homestar Runner.com is great because it manages to straddle that line like a tightrope walker, swaying back and forth between the two, but never falling off. You can't be too random, because there won't be any real story, and no one will even care about your characters. You have to have balance.

This is what makes Blue Lasermails so good. It manages to walk that line in the same way that Homestar Runner does. I tried to do the same thing with Sounds E-mailesque! However, my tendency as a published author is to sway too far towards the funny. In other words, I'm not random enough to have quite that Homestar Runner twist. I'm working on it right now.

And then there's you, Triple-M. Your HR and the Iron Cup was quite good, but you refused to accept anyone's help as it slowly died. The Sketchbook'd seemed to be a crappy ripoff of 8-Bit is Enough. I don't even know what you were doing with the Storm of 28! I mean, SERIOUS Homestar Runner? You were nowhere near the crucial line.

However, most of your fanstuffs tend to be in the too-random category. Like your 1-Up Blog which seems to be him randomly screaming about pudding at the top of his Caps Lock. And like this. How are supposed to like a guy who kills everyone? And the E-mail had almost no significant part in the story. I mean, he just went around killing people! Several of the jokes made no sense whatsoever.

Also, your Justin Beiber obsession is a little creepy. You claim you hate him, yet he's your main topic of conversation. And I agree with Wheelie's assessment, and note with dread that you added him to your main page, and therefore plan to make him a regular character.

In conclusion, I will NOT be looking forward to reading any more of your work. Heck, I literally FORCED myself to finish this one so I could write a review. -100/5

PS: And speaking of ripoffs, how about that Tompkins Easter Egg we've already seen in the latest TGS?
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Location : Brainblow City. If I leave, I could be shot on sight!

Character sheet
Name: The Doomguy

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Tue May 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Yeah, this was a bit rank MMM. I wouldn't quit trying though, maybe read up on some writing techniques or read some famous fanfics.
I don't really read fanstuff much, (Which is ironic because I have mildly successful fanfic going,) but this could have been stronger.
EDIT: Gee Uzi, you sure are liking the text walls lately.
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet
Name: Just another play for today

http://www.Cool.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Tue May 04, 2010 6:52 pm

Why does Internet Communication have to be limited to two words? This "OMG" and "LOL" crap of not spelling whole words is killing communication, and heck, it was on its way to death anyway. Besides, I didn't want MMM to think that I was criticizing his fanfic unduly. I wanted to explain my thoughts.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kinda Long Hair Tue May 04, 2010 7:02 pm

Im gonna go ahead and say my Justin Bieber hating thing is starting to scare me (and my surroundings).

It's almost like the time when this one place near my house was busted in a drug raid. I went arround talking about Oxycotton for the next month, to where people would pucnh and/or tell me to shut the f*** up.
Kinda Long Hair
Kinda Long Hair
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Character sheet
Name: Level three warlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fissure Tue May 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Oxycotton?

But my main suggestion, pick a better character. And a better plot. And a better bad music artist.
Sam Fissure
Sam Fissure
Failmonger
Failmonger

Character sheet
Name: Espe Pwnage

http://espemon333.angelfire.com/blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Tue May 04, 2010 7:11 pm

Ouch. I hate being "pucnhed."
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fissure Tue May 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Hehe, spelling fail.
Sam Fissure
Sam Fissure
Failmonger
Failmonger

Character sheet
Name: Espe Pwnage

http://espemon333.angelfire.com/blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Tue May 04, 2010 9:29 pm

MMM's post scares me a bit.
What in the Taxation without Representation is he talking about? Oxycodone?
MMM, you should maybe lie down, take some Oxycodone, Relax, drop some slow beats on your drums maybe.
Also, Uzi, I was just saying that your long review was fine, but your rambling bannination speech to carsonGeneaily was pretty wordy. Ironic though, CLover gets nothing and a bot gets a huge speech.
IRONY IRONY IRONY IRONY IRONY.

UZI EDIT: Red, White, and Swear!
DISK EDIT: I AM NOT SO AMUSED.
FUTURE DISK EDIT: FIXED THAT FOR YOU.
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet
Name: Just another play for today

http://www.Cool.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content