Strong Badia the Free
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Games

+15
Falcon Paunch
Barty Anderson
It
Snappington The Fifth
Sam Fissure
silent wulf
Uzi-Bazooka
Uniju's Maid
Kevin Flynn
Sgt. Beadsmaster
The Wheelchair
These are my saturdays
Strong Vader
Kinda Long Hair
Achenar
19 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Video Games - Page 15 Empty Re: Video Games

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Um, either my Doom II Let's Play: Condensed Version was funnier and more popular than I ever intended it to be, or ol' Wheelie's been reduced to speaking in tongues.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Location : Brainblow City. If I leave, I could be shot on sight!

Character sheet
Name: The Doomguy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:40 pm

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:Um, either my Doom II Let's Play: Condensed Version was funnier and more popular than I ever intended it to be, or ol' Wheelie's been reduced to speaking in tongues.
Tergarlandifandwarzogighatha! I've been waiting six hours!
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet
Name: :emaN

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:56 am

How do you feel now? Grfhouaoasuadsyefouygw?
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon Paunch Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:42 am

Plopletnic, of course. You foolish imiglizarn.
Falcon Paunch
Falcon Paunch
Straight (Wo)Man
Straight (Wo)Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:39 am

Unlike you guys, I don't just type random words, y'know. There's an actual system I go through to make this tlhebutluisrt!
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:48 am

So I finished the finale episode of Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse...

Wow. Wow, wow, wow.

That has got to be the saddest credit sequence I've ever seen in a video game.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:13 pm

Post all the reviews you like, but if you post ONE SINGLE SPOILER, I may have to kill you. I've already had much of the second season spoiled for me (not by you, so don't feel bad), but I still want this one to be completely unspoiled until such a time as I choose to purchase it (could be years, man.)
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:Post all the reviews you like, but if you post ONE SINGLE SPOILER, I may have to kill you. I've already had much of the second season spoiled for me (not by you, so don't feel bad), but I still want this one to be completely unspoiled until such a time as I choose to purchase it (could be years, man.)
One question before I review: Do you consider the ending of Beyond the Alley of the Dolls (which you literally can't go to the main page of Telltale's website without seeing) to be a spoiler? Cuz it's kinda hard to review the final episode without mentioning it.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:29 pm

All I know about it is that Max turns into some kind of giant beast called (for reasons I don't know/want to understand) "Junior." IT looks kinda like a big sluggy-snakey-lizardy thingy. THAT IS ALL I WANT TO KNOW.
But I won't mind if you put all that stuff in a spoiler. I mainly want to see your updated list of best Sam & Max Episodes.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:All I know about it is that Max turns into some kind of giant beast called (for reasons I don't know/want to understand) "Junior." IT looks kinda like a big sluggy-snakey-lizardy thingy. THAT IS ALL I WANT TO KNOW.
But I won't mind if you put all that stuff in a spoiler. I mainly want to see your updated list of best Sam & Max Episodes.
Got it. Anyway, since I don't feel like typing for two hours, I'll just put up a ranking with a summary and spare you the details.

#1: Beyond the Alley of the Dolls - Why come: There's too much to name! An all-star cast of characters that all contribute to the twisty plot, excellent puzzles that always reward the player with another chunk of the mystery, and of course the epic final act that words can only disgrace!
#2: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak - Why come: A large variety of psychic powers and moleman curses makes it so every puzzle is unique, plus the locations are huge and always interesting.
#3: Night of the Raving Dead - Why come: Jurgen is an absolutely amazing villain, and the puzzles are all excellent. Plus the new locations are really well designed and atmospheric.
#4: What's New, Beelzebub? - Why come: Everything is on an absolutely epic scale.
There are tons of returning characters, tons of locations, and the big reveal of the villain is expertly done. Plus, the music in Hell is one of my favorite pieces of videogame music ever.
#5: The City that Dares not Sleep - Why come: Even more so than WNB?, this episode is absolutely epic. Tons of locations and characters, several truly shocking revelations, and an ending that almost brought tears to my eyes make this one heck of a finale. Lots of easy puzzles in the second half bring it down a bit, though.
#6: ....And, everything from here out is the same as before, save swapping out The Penal Zone and They Stole Max's Brain. Looking back, I didn't give The Penal Zone enough credit, and TSMB was actually pretty bad.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:46 am

The Wheelchair wrote:Lots of easy puzzles in the second half bring it down a bit, though.

Eh. Better than most Telltale games, where the last puzzle is incredibly hard. As much as I love Tales of Monkey Island, the boss battle SUCKS because you have to get a hundred little niggling details right. It actually begins to take away from the story, since you can't care about the characters or anything when all you're thinking is "Lousy ******* stupid puzzles!"

Sam & Max sounds awesome, though. I still defend my position to wait to buy it though. Heck, they've already dropped the price down to $19.95, and they'll probably just go lower from there.
Plus there's the new game coming out today. What could it be?
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:31 am

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:
The Wheelchair wrote:Lots of easy puzzles in the second half bring it down a bit, though.

Eh. Better than most Telltale games, where the last puzzle is incredibly hard. As much as I love Tales of Monkey Island, the boss battle SUCKS because you have to get a hundred little niggling details right. It actually begins to take away from the story, since you can't care about the characters or anything when all you're thinking is "Lousy ******* stupid puzzles!"
Personally, I loved the final battle in Tales. I like my adventure games to have a complicated, multipart puzzle finishing them off.

But the problem with this new Sam & Max finale is that the puzzles are of the "Hmm.. I gotta unlock a door... And this key mysterious ended up in my inventory... hmmm..." sort. That's not actually one of the puzzles, but the actual final puzzle is about that difficult.

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:Sam & Max sounds awesome, though. I still defend my position to wait to buy it though. Heck, they've already dropped the price down to $19.95, and they'll probably just go lower from there.
Plus there's the new game coming out today. What could it be?
By the way, I would like to recommend that you buy Season 2 before playing The Devil's Playhouse, or at least that you look up a plot summary of Season 2. The final episode references Season 2 quite a bit, and there's no way you can understand the final cutscene without knowing what happened in Chariot of the Dogs.
Also, I don't think the new game is coming out today. Just being officially announced.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:17 pm

FIRST OF ALL: There is no way in What's New, Beezlebub I am getting Season 3 before Season 2. I'm thinking I may wait 'till my birthday (November) and buy 'em both with my tons of new loot.

SECOND OF ALL: I am ticked off beyond belief that Telltale hasn't announced what the new game is. IT'S 9.2.10, PEOPLE! YOU OWE ME BIG TIME!
Actually, Telltale is known for making definite deadlines and then COMPLETELY IGNORING THEM. Like how Wheelie got all cheesed off about the latest episode being a day late. And the Tales finale was a whole MONTH late.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Uzi-Bazooks wrote:FIRST OF ALL: There is no way in What's New, Beezlebub I am getting Season 3 before Season 2. I'm thinking I may wait 'till my birthday (November) and buy 'em both with my tons of new loot.
Good, good. And out of curiosity: You haven't had the big surprise of Chariot of the Dogs spoiled for you, have you? Because if so, I feel terrible for you.

Uzi-Bazooks wrote:SECOND OF ALL: I am ticked off beyond belief that Telltale hasn't announced what the new game is. IT'S 9.2.10, PEOPLE! YOU OWE ME BIG TIME!
Actually, Telltale is known for making definite deadlines and then COMPLETELY IGNORING THEM. Like how Wheelie got all cheesed off about the latest episode being a day late. And the Tales finale was a whole MONTH late.
Actually they did manage to release The City That Dares Not Sleep within the release date. They were just about 7 hours off from the usual release time. As for Monkey Island, I dunno, you could be right. I got into that season right after it ended.

Anyway, I'd give 'em until midnight, California time. Then get out pitchforks.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:49 am

All I know about Chariot of the Dogs is that Bosco gets abducted by aliens or something like that. Also, Mariachis are somehow involved. My best guess is that they're, like, the onboard entertainment on the UFO. I'm trying REALLY hard to avoid spoilers.

Oh, and did you notice something? Yet another Telltale game where the fourth episode is the best? Just a-sayin...
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:06 am

Uzi-Bazooka wrote:All I know about Chariot of the Dogs is that Bosco gets abducted by aliens or something like that. Also, Mariachis are somehow involved. My best guess is that they're, like, the onboard entertainment on the UFO. I'm trying REALLY hard to avoid spoilers.

Oh, and did you notice something? Yet another Telltale game where the fourth episode is the best? Just a-sayin...
Okay, so it's not completely spoiled for you. Good.

And "yet another"? Let's look at my list of favorite episodes in each Telltale season I've played:

Sam & Max Season 1: Bright Side of the Moon (Ep. 6)
Sam & Max Season 2: Night of the Raving Dead (Ep. 3)
Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: Beyond the Alley of the Dolls (Ep. 4)
SBCG4AP: Baddest of the Bands (Ep. 3)
Tales of Monkey Island: Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood (Ep. 4)

So it's really not that common for me.
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Well, for ME:
Sam & Max Season 1: Episode 4, Abe Lincoln Must Die
SBCG4AP: Episode 4, Dangeresque 3
Tales of Money Island: Episode 4, TTaEoGT

Wait, I've only played three Telltale games? Dang. That's sad, yo.
Well, soon I'll have played 4, once Poker Night comes out. Actually, I still need to pre-order it. Hmm. It sucks having to wait for someone with a credit card to come home from work.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Okay, I know double posting sucks, but I think that at least Wheelie will agree that this warrants it.
As you all may know, I decided to wait until there was a really good sale before buying Sam & Max Season Two (and later Season Three.) Well, I was thinking about the Poker Night @the Inventory deal, how you can get 25% off any other purchase. And then it hit me like a lightbulb wrapped inside a ton of bricks.
"IT" was a crumpled piece of paper reading:
Video Games - Page 15 Manipu10

Unfortunately, I told the crumpled note, I don't actually have the funds...YET. By next week I'll have enough. And then, both Poker Night AND Sam & Max 2 will be MINE! ALL MINE!

Also I have this nagging feeling that I should never ever ban Vriska ever I wonder why that is.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wheelchair Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Finally! Soon you will experience the awesomeness of Sam & Max Season 2! And then you'll finally understand what's so awesome about

BANAAAAANG!
The Wheelchair
The Wheelchair
Sanity's Guide Home
Sanity's Guide Home

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Um...yay, I guess?
I'll probably get it on Sunday. Probably. May have to wait till Monday.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:01 am

So much TF2. So much.

Me and Bhtup double teamed a game as caligulasAquarium and arachnidsGrip. Team Scourge kicked some major a** that night.
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet
Name: Just another play for today

http://www.Cool.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:30 am

Never played it.
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:16 pm

It's a pretty decent game once you get used to it. At first you need to adjust to the fact that there is no weapon that ISN'T pushed toward one attribute to a ridiculous degree. There is no "good all around" weapon.
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Uzi-Bazooka Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:19 pm

I see. Sounds...interesting?

In other news, I'll have Sam & Max Season Two downloaded onto my computer in a few minutes, folks!
Uzi-Bazooka
Uzi-Bazooka
Evil Admin
Evil Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by These are my saturdays Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Funny you should say that because if you preordered Sam & Max Season 2 off of Steam it unlocks Sam's revolver, Max's pistol, and a hat that looks like Max in TF2.

I missed out but whatever.
These are my saturdays
These are my saturdays

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next